Monday, June 4, 2012

More Updates!!

It's been a while since my last update... Getting ready for the training days (tomorrow and Wednesday) today! I just got back from driving the truck. o_O It's HUGE. I was really psyched out about it even though I've driven a truck before, because it's been a long time. But I got it back to the parking lot and parked it semi-successfully without hitting anyone/anything!! Always good. Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be, actually. Something about driving a big truck is really relaxing.

Sponsorship update!!

Coghlan's, an outdoor accessory company, will be giving us a care package to take with us to the island!! Can't wait to see what's in it- they have so many great products!! Thanks, Coghlan's!

We also have received our rain coats from Helly Hansen, our boot insoles from Scarpa, and our water purification SteriPen!! I'm getting sooooo excited to get started- now that we're getting everything together, I don't want to wait until July!! :D

I'm finding that I'm using lots of exclamation marks in sponsorship posts...! I'm just so excited, and we're so thankful to our sponsors that it's impossible not to be excited!! Thank you so much, sponsors!!

Oh, almost forgot! A friend of mine mentioned that our trip to ISRO reminded them of the Hunger Games... They thought of it when I mentioned our sponsors! Hahaha, thankfully we aren't all pitted against each other in a battle to the death.

Still, May the odds be ever in our favor! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment