Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sponsorship Update!

We received three more sponsorships!!

http://www.scarpa.com/scarpa/control/main
Yesterday, Scarpa let us know that they will be supplying us with insoles for our hiking boots!! They also gave us a great discount on hiking boots! Comfortable feet will be a life saver on this trip. Thanks SCARPA!
 
http://www.steripen.com/
This morning, we also heard that we would be receiving a SteriPen Classic Safe Water System!! We were just looking at water purification options yesterday, so this one came just in time! I can't wait to take a look at it! It purifies your drinking water with UV light. As a chemist, I'm intrigued! Thank you, Hydro Photon Inc!

http://www.eaglecreek.com/
We've also received a fantastic backpack from Eagle Creek!! They have reeeally nice packs, and now we can rest assured that we'll be able to carry our gear efficiently, which will be hugely important! Thank you, Eagle Creek!!

WOW, I never thought we'd get so many generous sponsors. Thank you all so much!! You're going to make the trip so much more comfortable and efficient- we couldn't do it without you! :)

Still lots of prep to do before we're good to go! Training day is coming up in two weeks.

I think this coming weekend, I'll do some shopping for supplies! A part of me wants to get some food and try it beforehand so that I know what I like. A sleeping bag and suntan lotion are also on my list. Can't wait- I love shopping for stuff like this!

More later!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT blog Kim! I am so excited to be going up to the Island this summer with you! I tried on the rain jacket from Helly Hanson today when I was riding my bike to the geography building- it's so warm and soft! It was raining and I stayed dry as a bone! See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete